- Rugops primus
- Sereno, Wilson and Conrad, 2004
- Meaning of generic name
- Ruga, wrinkle (Latin); ops<i>, face (Greek).
- Meaning of specific name
- primus, first (Latin). Named for its significance as one of the earliest abelisaurids with textured external skull surfaces.
- Length: 24 - 30 ft (7 - 9 m)
- Holotype: MNN IGU1, Partial cranium lacking the posterolateral portions of the skull roof and palate.
[Skull length nearly measured, part lacking calculated, body length calculated, then.]
- Age and Distribution
- Horizon: Echkar Formation, Upper Cretaceous (Cenomanian).
Locality: Near In Abangharit, Niger Republic, Africa
- Dinosauria Saurischia Theropoda Ceratosauria Abelisauroidea Abelisauridae
- Further Reading
- Sereno, P., Wilson, J. & Conrad. 2004. New dinosaurs link southern landmasses in the Mid-Cretaceous. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Series B, Biological Sciences, 271, 1325-1330.