- Palaeoherpeton decorum
- (Watson, 1926) Panchen, 1970
- Meaning of generic name
- Ancient Crawler
- Meaning of specific name
- Fitting / Embellishing
- Skull length: 17 cm; Length: 2 m
- Age and Distribution
- Parrot Coal of Pirnie Colliery Fifeshire, Scotland, UK
- Tetrapoda Emblomeri Eogyrinidae
- Further Reading
- Panchen, A.L., 1964. The cranial anatomy of two Coal measure anthracosaurs. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B 242, 207-281.
- Palaeogyrinus decorus Watson, 1926
Thursday, 26 December 2013
Originally named Palaeogyrinus ("Ancient tadpole"), Palaeoherpeton from the Upper Carboniferous of Scotland is an Embolomeri tetrapod related to Eogyrinus but smaller in size. It is only known by a single incomplete skull with no postcranial remains.