- Prosalirus bitis
- Shubin & Jenkins, 1995
- Meaning of generic name
- Latin, prosalire, to leap forward
- Meaning of specific name
- Navajo bitis, high over it.
- Skull length: , Length: 4-5 cm
- Holotype (MNA V8725): associated remains of at least two individuals.
Referred materials: MCZ 9324A, MCZ 9323A
- Age and Distribution
- Horizon: Kayenta Formation, early Jurassic (Plienbaschian).
Locality: Gold Spring Quarry, Adeii Eechii Cliffs, Coconino County, Arizona, US.
- Lissamphibia Salientia Notobatrachidae
- Further Reading
- N. H. Shubin and F. A. Jenkins. 1995. An Early Jurassic jumping frog. Nature 377:49-52.
- Image by Nobu Tamura (click to enlarge)
Tuesday, 3 December 2013
Prosalirus from the Early Jurassic of Arizona is perhaps the earliest known jumping frog.