- Bullacephalus jacksoni
- Rubidge & Kitching, 2003
- Meaning of generic name
- Latin bulla, boss and Greek kephali, head
- Skull length: 15 cm, Length: ? 1 m
- Holotype (BP/1/5387): Nearly complete skull and lower jaw.
- Age and Distribution
- Horizon: Lowermost Tapinocephalus assemblage zone, beaufort Group, Middle Permian (Capitanian).
Type locality: Middlevlei farm, Laingsburg, Western Cape Province, South Africa.
- Synapsida Therapsida Biarmosuchia Burnetiamorpha Burnetiidae
- Further Reading
- Rubidge, B. S., and J. W. Kitching. 2003. A new burnetiamorph (Therapsida: Biarmosuchia) from the lower Beaufort Group of South Africa. Palaeontology, 46:199-210.
Friday, 22 November 2013
Bullacephalus from the Middle Permian of South Africa is the earliest known Burnetiamorph.