- Pumiliopareia pricei
- (Broom and Robinson, 1948)
- Length: 50 cm
- Complete skeleton with osteoderms.
- Age and Distribution
- Upper Permian Cistecephalus zone, Karoo basin, South Africa.
- Anapsida Hallucicrania Pareiasauria
- Pareiasaurus pricei (Broom & Robinson, 1948), Nanoparia pricei Broom & Robinson, 1948
- Image by Tobu Namura (click to enlarge)
Thursday, 28 November 2013
Pumiliopareia (often referred to as Nanoparia) is the smallest known member of the pareiasaurs, measuring merely 1/5 of its largest relatives. Like the other dwarf pareiasaurs, its body was entirely covered with osteoderms.