- Lobalopex mordax
- Sidor, Hopson and Keyser, 2004
- Meaning of generic name
- Lobe fox
- [Meaning of specific name
- biting (in Latin)]
- Skull length: 15 cm, Length: ? 0.8 m
- Holotype (CGP/1/61): skull and lower jaws with parts of the first four cervical vertebrae in articulation.
- Age and Distribution
- Horizon: Hoedemaker Member of the Teekloof Formation. Tropidostoma Assemblage Zone. Beaufort Group. Upper Permian (Wuchianpingian).
Type locality: Quaggas Fontein 250 farm, Victoria West District, South Africa.
- Synapsida Therapsida Biarmosuchia Burnetiamorpha
- Further Reading
- Sidor, C. A., Hopson, J. A., and Keyser, A. W. 2004. A new burnetiamorph therapsid from the Teekloof Formation, Permian, of South Africa: Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, v. 24, n. 4, p. 938-950.
Monday, 25 November 2013
Lobalopex is a recently discovered burnetiamorph therapsid from the Late Permian of South Africa. It has small bumps on the top of the head.