- Lophorhinus willodenensis
- Sidor and Smith, 2007
- Meaning of generic name
- Crested nose
- Skull length: 20 cm, Length: ? 1.5 m
- Holotype (SAM-PK-K6655): anterior half of skull lacking lower jaws and most of palate.
- Age and Distribution
- Horizon: Middle of the Hoedemaker Member of the Teekloof Formation. Tropidostoma Assemblage Zone. Beaufort Group. Upper Permian (Wuchianpingian).
Type locality: Willodene farm, Beaufort West District, Western Cape Province, South Africa.
- Synapsida Therapsida Biarmosuchia Burnetiamorpha
- Further Reading
- C. A. Sidor and R. M. H. Smith. 2007. A Second Burnetiamorph Therapsid from the Permian Teekloof Formation of South Africa and its Associated Fauna. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 27(2):420-430.
Monday, 25 November 2013
This recently named burnetiamorph is characterized by a small crest on its snout. It lived during the Late Permian of what is now South Africa.