- Paraburnetia sneeubergensis
- Smith, Rubidge and Sidor, 2006
- Meaning of generic name
- Near "Burnetia"
[or beside "Burnetia"]
- Skull length: 17.5 cm, Length: ? 1.2 m
- Holotype (SAM-PK-K10037): complete skull with lower jaw.
- Age and Distribution
- Horizon: Lowermost Cistecephalus Assemblage Zone (Teekloof Formation, Beaufort Group), Upper Permian (Wuchiapingian)
Type locality: Walplaas farm, Aberdeen District, South Africa.
- Synapsida Therapsida Biarmosuchia Burnetiamorpha Burnetiidae
- Further Reading
- Smith, R. M. H., Rubidge, B. S. & Sidor, C. A. 2006: A new burnetiid (Therapsida: Biarmosuchia) from the Upper Permian of South Africa and its biogeographic implications. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology: Vol. 26 (2), pp. 331-343.
Monday, 25 November 2013
This burnetiamorph from the late Permian of South Africa is very similar to the Russian Proburnetia, indicating that north-south interchange was common during the Late Permian and that burnetiamorphs had a pangean distribution.