- Ictidorhinus martinsi
- Broom, 1913
- Skull length: 10 cm, Length: ? 0.5 m
- Hypodigm (AMNH 5526): skull lacking lower jaws.
- Age and Distribution
- Horizon: Dicynodon assemblage zone, Balfour formation, Beaufort Group, Upper Permian (Wuchianpingian-Changhsingian).
Type locality: South Africa.
- Synapsida Therapsida Biarmosuchia Ictidorhinidae
- Further Reading
- Broom, R., 1913, On a nearly perfect skull of a new species of the gorgonopsia: Annals of the South African Museum, v. 12, part 1, p. 8-10.
Friday, 22 November 2013
Ictidorhinus is known from a small incomplete skull from the Late Permian of South Africa. The skull shows large orbits indicating that it might belong to a juvenile individual.