- Glanosuchus macrops
- Broom, 1904
- Skull length: ,Length: 1.8 m
[It is known from the skull and part of another, but it is the deducted total length that is given!]
- Holotype (GS M 796): partial skull
Referred specimen: NM QR 2908 (snout)
- Age and Distribution
- Horizon: Eodicynodon Assemblage zone, base of the Beaufort Group, Middle Permian (Wordian)
Type locality: Knoflok's Fontein, near Van der Byl's Kraal, and farm Modderdrift, near Prince Albert, western Cape Province, South Africa.
- Synapsida Therapsida Therocephalia
- Further Reading
- Broom, R, 1904. On two new Therocephalian Reptiles (Glanosuchus maerops and Pristerognathus baini): Transactions of the Royal Society of South Africa, v. 15, p. 85-88.
Friday, 22 November 2013
This is the earliest known therocephalian. This predator had a wolf-like appearance.